As we enter an economic slowdown, credibility and trust are even more critical to the success of marketing activities and customer relationships. Here are 10 tips for building your marketing cred:
1. Eliminate hype and fluff.
2. Don’t overpromise.
3. Back up all marketing claims.
4. Offer a guarantee.
5. Poke fun at yourself or reveal a weakness.
6. Meet commitments.
7. Use testimonials and case studies.
8. Focus, focus, focus on prospects and customers.
9. Admit mistakes and apologize, when necessary.
10. Be consistent.
Take a close look at your marketing and sales efforts to uncover new opportunities to build credibility and trust.