Jim Castanzo of Godfrey’s B2B Insights Blog offered 10 solid tips for producing effective creative during a downturn. Here’s his list:
1. Make your message relevant.
2. Speak as an authority.
3. Conduct research.
4. Speak directly to them [audience].
5. Sell benefits, not features.
6. Integrate [message across all media].
7. Demonstrate. [Using smart visuals.]
8. Perform a competitive analysis.
9. Be genuine.
10. Think different.
As Jim points out, there’s nothing new here. But in bad times the basics are more important than ever.