Thanks to publisher Larry Coffman for sharing my writing tips in the November issue of Marketing:
• Neil’s Notes: Good friend and author (The Longest Shot) offers these five sensible steps in the writing process for writers of any ilk:
- Ideas: Brainstorm. Get them out of your head. Many will stink.
- Research. Collect information. Observe the world. Talk to people.
- Notes and Outline. Get organized. Shape the material you’ve collected. Get ready to write.
- Rough Draft. This is where you write everything down, so to speak. Get the story out; don’t edit yet.
- Rewrite, edit and polish. This step is self-explanatory. If your writing was woodwork, this is the chiseling and sanding stage and where you add a finishing coat.